What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of RavenShare. We collect information for a variety of reasons, including (but not limited to) providing the RavenShare services to you, including personalization and other valuable features; to understand the RavenShare audience and how people use RavenShare, both individually and in aggregate; to improve RavenShare features and services; to provide sweepstakes, promotions and better and more relevant advertising and other marketing to you; to contact you -- for instance, notifying you when there's a new post from someone you're “following” mdash; or with newsletters, special offers, promotions or other services or information we think may interest you.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information directly from you in various different ways:
- When you register, you may be asked for personal information such as name, email address, or phone number. If you register using a social network or other third-party ID, we'll record the information they supply to us. You can restrict the information that is shared with us by modifying the settings at your social network site or by using another means of logging in.
- We collect information about how you use the site in order to show you more of the content you prefer and otherwise personalize your experience, including what you click, like and respond to, what users you follow or friend, and your social graph.
- In order to take advantage of the full capabilities of RavenShare, you may be asked to send us information about yourself or others; you may also participate in polls, surveys or other communications; you may supply us with links to media and articles on other websites, and provide reviews and comments about those websites; you may upload media or other materials you have created; you may send messages to us or to other users on the site.
- When you contact us for information or help, we may ask you to provide your first and last name, email address, phone number when submitting your request, as well as the details of your issue.
- We may also collect personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, from you in connection with sweepstakes or contests or other promotions that we may conduct or offer through RavenShare.
- If you contact us for employment, we may collect personal information we would need to evaluate your submission, to confirm your identity and work history, or other information.
If you believe that any such information is so private to you or to any other person that possible disclosure would be embarrassing or otherwise inappropriate, we ask that you do not supply that information, even if it means that the capabilities of RavenShare are inaccessible to you or any other person. We do require, however, that the information you elect to provide to us be true, accurate, and current.
Protect your password
You are solely responsible for keeping your user ID and password secret and confidential, including your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other 3rd party logins. You are solely responsible for any communications or other uses that are made by the use of your user ID and password, even if not made by you, as well as any obligations that may result from any such use. You must not transfer or sell your user ID or password to a third party. You are responsible for changing your password if you believe that it has been stolen or might otherwise be misused. You must notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your user ID or password. We endeavor to protect user ID and other account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any account information. While we endeavor to protect the information we store about you using industry standard techniques, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We do not guarantee or warrant that there will not be any unauthorized access to your personal information or other information about you we store.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Public. Some information — such as your screen name, avatar, favorite categories, sites. comments or other content you submit, like and/or follow — are available to all users of the site, to 3rd party sites you choose to share them with or which you connect to your RavenShare account, and to search engines.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliated entities; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if any or all RavenShare services are sold to another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Marketing and Advertising partners. We may share information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes. You acknowledge and agree that we may share your communications with us and other end-users, as well as your usage, results, survey responses, and other activities in RavenShare.
We reserve the right to use "cookies," which are small computer files we would thereby transfer to your computer's hard drive to allow us to monitor RavenShare usage and to personalize your RavenShare experience. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies, but if you choose to decline cookies, some features of RavenShare may cease to function or be adversely affected.
How do I Delete My Account?
You may delete your account by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will verify that you have the authority to delete your account and then delete the personal information in your profile (specifically, your email, name and phone number). However, any links you've submitted, your comments, replies, avatar, screen name and any other public activity on your account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding privacy, please send us a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your input.
Effective Date: February 17, 2017.